Dinner Plus Drinks
At-home COVID Tests - Dinner Plus Drinks #108
January 16, 2022
Bridget Leech & Nick Vorpagel
Hi friends - two programming announcements:
- We're no longer going to put the video of each episode on YouTube - based on algorithm changes, we don't have enough people watching to make it worth the time it takes to get an episode on YouTube. We appreciate everyone who watched on YouTube, and we'll still upload audio, but it won't be the full video. We may also have some fun extras on YouTube, so keep an eye on that channel in the future.
- Next week, we're going to have a VERY SPECIAL GUEST. You're not going to want to miss that episode. Or this episode, because this one is also very good!
Here are links to the considerable number of products and stories we talked about this week:
- We used a bottle of Altos Las Hormigas "Tinto" as an at-home COVID test. It did its job!
- If you haven't checked out the Nugget yet, you're missing out. Bridget and Elliot made some incredible forts this past week.
- Nick and Sarah got these very stylish and very comfortable and very easy to assemble counter stools to add to their house.
- Valley View Mall in La Crosse is offering pop up spaces for area start ups - how cool is that? Bridget would 100% check it out if it was closer.
- Nick is loving Wordle, a word game that is simple and fun, yet also a challenge. Learn the story behind it in this NY Times article or play online here.
- Bridget is investing in keeping her body from falling apart with this very affordable laptop stand for her home office.
- And she'll be even more productive because Nick got her a shower notes waterproof notepad! We all know Bridget gets her best work done in the shower, right?
- Nick's love for tacos goes deep, and these Chicken Avocado Street Tacos are probably his favorite of the bunch.
- Bridget had a great meal at DanDan in Milwaukee and was especially thrilled by the General Tso's Cauliflower. Could someone try this recipe and let her know if it's worth making at home?
Have a great week everybody, thanks for joining us. If you'd like to follow along with us, here are all the links:
~ Bridget and Nick